28th November 2017 - Hotels
Hospitality Institute Founders’ Banquet & Hospitality Management Awards 2017
Over 500 hotel managers and assistants, hospitality leaders and suppliers attended the Hospitality Institute Founders’ Banquet & Hospitality Awards held in the Clayton Hotel Burlington Road, Dublin on Thursday 23rd November. Attendees at the awards were addressed by Matt Muller President of IHI for the evening. Paul Carty, Managing Director of the Guinness Storehouse and chairman of AVEA was guest of honour. This year’s event recognised achievement and excellence in Hospitality Management throughout various categories of awards.
Celtic is delighted to be proud sponsor of the Award for “Finance Manager of the Year” on the night.
Jennifer Powell from the Gibson Hotel was bestowed with the prestigious Finance Manager of the Year Award in recognition of her contribution to the sector. Presenting her with the Financial Award was our way of expressing our support to the Irish Hospitality Institute.
At the special award reception from Celtic to recognise Jennifer’s contribution to Finance and to the work of the Hospitality Industry.
Full list of winners and awards presented on the night.
• Garret O’Neill of the Crowne Plaza Hotel at Dublin Airport was named ‘Hotel Manager of the Year’
• Geraldine Carty of Lough Eske Castle was named ‘Hospitality Employee of the Year’ and Lough Eske also took two other awards- Catherine Monahan (HR and Training Manager of the Year) and Denise McDonagh (Young Manager of the Year)
• Andrew Grant of DIT (Hospitality Graduate of the Year)
• David McDonagh, Jurys Inn Parnell Square (Environmental and Facilities Manager of the Year)
• Daniel McLoughlin, Shoda Market, The Glenroyal Hotel, Maynooth (Food and Beverage Manager of the Year)
• Jennifer Powel, The Gibson Hotel (Finance Manager of the Year)
• Triona Flood, Conrad Hotel Dublin (Sales and Marketing Manager of the Year)
• Leonora Quirke, Masterchefs Hospitality (Catering Manager of the Year)
• Sherleen Nunkoo, Jurys Inn Parnell Street (Revenue Manager of the Year)
IHI Fellowships were conferred on:
• Vincent O’Gorman, General Manager of the Westbury Hotel
• Kate O’Connell, Shannon College of Hotel Management
• Daragh O’ Neill, General manager of the Talbot Hotel Stillorgan
• Cait Noone, Head of Hotel School at GMIT
The Irish Hospitality Institute is going from strength to strength and we are delighted that this year’s Banquet & Awards were so well attended. We are pleased to be proud sponsor to IHI for 2017.